Search This Blog

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Week in Review

Dear Junkies,

After my marathon grocery shopping on Sunday, I was ready for an awesome Sonoma week (week = Su-Th). That's what happened! Failing to plan is planning to fail and all that jazz. Also working everyday this week in off peak season helps a ton. I even made lunch for Ryan twice this week! Other fabulous things are happening as well, Ryan is becoming more amenable to doing the dishes. The amount of nagging I have to do is decreasing, and the length of time dirty dishes sit out is shorter! Last night he even covered and put away the leftovers!

I am preparing for house guests (as you can tell by today's copious updating) and will not eat home prepared much at all this weekend. I'm not really looking forward to that, because I think it will mean me gaining some weight, and i am oh so hapy in the 150s. But Ruth will be with me, so maybe she will guide me to goodness.

Here's what I've been eating.

Tuesday

1/2c Grape Nuts + 1/2 FF Milk

Spinach Salad with 3 oz pork chop, 1 tbsp Gorgonzola and red wine vinaigrette
6 oz FF plain yogurt
1/2c blueberries

Sicilian Tuna Steak-Ryan's Wave 1 fave, revisited
1/2 c strawberries

1 glass blush wine-finally gone, also used this for the tuna (instead of a dry white), smelled awful, tasted just fine

1"x1" flat squar of 80% dark chocolate--YUMMY!

Wednesday

1/2c grape nuts 1/2c ff milk

Greens with Beans and Artichoke-very good, first time have Great Norther Beans, they were very tasty
3/4c Raspberry Mush-so I experimented with purchasing frozen raspberries. I just bought em then kept them in the fridge until I wanted them, at which point I had a water mush on my hands. I'm not one to give up at set backs, so I rinsed of the berry paste and put 3/4 c into a baggie for me and one for Ryan. It was horrid. Tart and gross and a wretched texture.

piece of string cheese-FULL FAT, it has been literally YEARS since I have had full fat string cheese, what a joy!
1c broccoli florets

Grilled Morrocan Pork Tenderloin Kabobs-I really had my shit together here people, since the recipe called for a 1-2 hour marinade, and I get home at 7:20pm I started the DAY BEFORE making and starting the marinade, then called Ryan 30 min before I left work for him to start soaking the kabob sticks! This was terrific. Ryan says possibly his new favorite
Tunisian Carrot Salad-I couldn't find Harissa Sauce and was not even considering spending an hour to make something that is a small ingredient in a side dish, I might not have a life with all the wedding planning but I do have a job and high sleep requirements! So I used hot Chile paste instead. This was good, I love carrots
Steamed Brown rice-I barely burnt the rice! It was pretty good, like Chinese Buffet at 3pm good, which is certainly a step up for me! Also I added a dab of olive oil and salt n pepper.

Shared a bottle of wine with Ryan Castle Rock Pinot Noir-we gave this to friends for their housewarming because it looked good, and I am relieved to say I was right! A bit more than my normal price point, but worth it.

Thursday

1 slice bread w 1 tbsp Peanut butter
1/2c straberries

Sonoma Express Wrap featured above
1/2 a Granny Smith apple-left over from barley night
1 string cheese-mmmmmm

Ditto on last night's dinner, pictured below!

No comments:

Post a Comment