Search This Blog

Monday, February 22, 2010

Weekend Warrioress

Dear Junkies,

I should have gone shopping on Thursday or Friday, because by Friday evening there was not meat or leafy greens in my house. You just can't do Sonoma without one or the other. Long story short I had a Sonoma in the morning and afternoon, crazy funness in the evening on Friday and Saturday.
On Friday night we went over to hotel Newsome for drinks and tv. As often happens at the hotel, we ended up drinking, ordering a midnight pizza and spending the night. SO that was fun, they have a very comfortable guest bed.
Saturday had lots of eating excitement, from gelato to softball players!
There's a great gelato place at my mall and I have heard rumors of a Cracked Black Pepper and Olive Oil flavor. So whenever I am out and about in the mall I stop by to see if they have it. Finally, last Thursday the nice man working there said, come back on Saturday and I will make it for you. This was very exciting as it is apparently a flavor everyone likes to taste and no one likes to eat. So I got a small of it and it was so good! I also got a small take home size to share with Ryan. It is my new number two favorite, Mediterranean Sea Salt and Carmel still trumps. But that was exciting.
Saturday evening we went to a fundraiser for a and 18U highly competitive, country traveling girls' softball league. It was a poker tournament with an hour of open bar, open chex mix, baked chicken fingers and meatballs (there was other stuff but this is what I ate). It was so much fun! I won a couple hands and had 3 free glasses of wine! Woot Woot. After that we went to the Nickle and I sung two Karaoke songs!
Ryan and I had Sunday off together! The special occasion was getting registered for the wedding and picking out wedding bands. This was tough work, but worked out ok once we got some good guidance. Food-wise I was pretty much Sonoma friendly. Kashi cereal and FF for milk for bfast, and 9oz sirloin with steamed veggies and two pieces of 7 grain bread with butter for dinner. Of course there was the 1/2c Pepper and olive oil gelato.
It's now Monday morning and I am planning my grocery list, hopefully I can get going quickly because Ryan is "Basically positive I have an appendicitis". Sheesh.
~The PABJ

No comments:

Post a Comment