Search This Blog

Saturday, January 9, 2010

ABCs Anchovies, Broiling and Capers

Fellow Junkies,
You are destined to see photos of partially eaten meals from me. That's just the way it's going to be. By the time the food is made (this stuff takes like an hour for dinner!) I just want to eat it. I scarf down several bites and good news friends, I remember I am supposed to take it slow. Like a person after serious surgery, a bad break up, or creeping through a laser filled hallway at a museum, I am to go slowly. Luckily taking photos is a perfect break. So there you are, my Roasted Eggplant Salad sans several bites. It was amazing.

All of the food really has been quite good. I mean seriously restaurant quality stuff folks (without the speed, ease and price). I'm continually impressed that, apparently, I am capable of cooking well. It's still to be determined if I am capable of enjoying and looking forward to cooking, I figure I am currently in the honeymoon stage.


I had a couple firsts today:
1. I ate an anchovy. I have inadvertently had them on Caesar salads before, but this was on purpose AND it did not taste the way the ocean smells like they always do at restaurants. I was surprised by how incredibly salty it was. I think my coworkers were mildly surprised that I brought not only tuna but also anchovies to the break room aroma.
2. I broiled. There was smoke, it required a phone a friend, and I think we lost a brave pan, but the results were very juicy.
3. I ate a caper. I have always just looked at them and knew they were wrong for me in the past, despite the fact they are part of my favorite bfast (bagels and lox). So I bought em, used em and ate em. Again surprisingly salty, better after they were rinsed. Maybe I should have done that with the anchovies. Verdict is OK as long as it makes up a VERY small portion of the overall bite.

Today's men was pretty exciting because I got cheese TWICE!

Today's Menu Wave 1 Day 5 (using Day 4 from the book)

1/2 c Real Eggs scrambled on toast

Salad Nicoise with Tuna-good, the dressing and hard broiled eggs reminded me of Deviled Eggs

Tandoori Chicken-very good, I never realize I could like Indian without the creamy Masala type sauce.
Roasted Eggplant Salad-I love Eggplant this was a no brainer

Laughing Cow Cheese and Herb wedge on green peppers (was out of cukes)
28 peanuts

Was down 5 lbs after 4 days this morning-brilliant! But also odd, I have been this weight frequently before (for most of the past summer) and it looks less skinny right now. I am loosing weight from a different place, generally I loose it first from my spare tire, but it is currently disappearing from somewhere else. I sent out a search party this morning to see from where I have lost it, but could not find a place that looked less. Shrug, anyways I like the number!

No comments:

Post a Comment