Search This Blog

Friday, January 15, 2010

Freestyle

Dear JJs,
What a weird ass day it has been. A super dense fog covered the city for most of the day and I have been in a lackluster mood, despite several good things that have happened today. Lost weight since yesterday, unexpected lunch visit from Mom, a new TShirt and tattoo for the KU game, got a raise, got a promotion, still just feel blah-ish. So it' was clearly dementors. I mean fog in Olathe, the only bodies of water are at the pools at our mega big High Schools.

The good news! All of these causes to commiserate/celebrate only resulted in some extra broccoli and one cheese wheel. Also I went to a dive bar and didn't partake in the deep dish pizza that our table ordered OR let my hunny buy me a drink.

Last night all my dreams were about alcohol. That is to say they were about college/sorority life. Specifically the part that happens in between the learning. That's a tough one. The dreams were really fun though, we played lots of board games.

Today was my first freestyle dinner. I was going to make Szechuan Shrimp tonight, but Ryan at out and I didn't want to make the super spicy dish w/o him there to clean up anything I couldn't handle, and enjoy it. Just worked off the Wave 1 ok list and my 50%/50% plate rule. I hope I did good.

Anyways, here is today's freestyle menu

Wave 1 Day 11
1/2 c egg whites

1 tbsp Peanut Butter w Celery Sticks
1 Babybel mini cheese wheel

Lentil Salad-I substituted chicken with pork, since i had the latter and not the former

a pork chop, salted and peppered then cooked in a pan
Broccoli and Roasted Red Peppers with Goat Cheese-I had to try this again since Ruthie said it's her favorite. I made some changes of course. Last time I made this the broccoli burned and didn't cook enough so I cooked at about 3 or 4 on my stove top dial. I skipped the olives as well. I also added an extra 1/8-1/4c of broccoli, you know, to celebrate. I really liked it much better than last time. Next time I will cut back significantly on the lemon juice.

ANOTHER cheese wheel--party time! And I think I will go have a glass of wine. We only have white and bluch wine in the house (through no fault of my own) and I know red is the best, so I will obviously have two glasses of blush to reach the benefit level of one of red.

~The pasta addicted Bread Junkie.

PS-Also, I got my invite to the 10 year HS reunion today. It's $65 per person AND there's only heavy hours'devours and open bar. First, that's a ton of money for bar food (it's at a local bar), AND it's not technically an open bar if you are paying. It's open if someone else is paying. On the other hand I'm sure it has taken immense effort and time to arrange, and I'm glad that didn't fall on my shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment