Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My Eating MO

1. I think Pasta is the perfect food. I can walk away from it while it cooks (that's right folks I'm not a stirrer), it's delicious to me with the most basic fridge ingredients (garlic & spray butter/margarine) AND it's so filling.
2. After pasta; bread, cheese and butter are my loves. In an effort to downsize me I only use low fat cheeses & fake butters (Smart Balance, I Can't Believe It's not butter)
3. In an effort to downsize spending on food I do all of my shopping at the Wal-Mart grocery (read: she buys the low fake WM brand singles and off brand No Fat parm).
4. In an effort to downsize time spent on food I go grocery shopping once every two weeks, so everything I buy needs to last that long or longer.
5. I never start cooking until after I am hungry, which is weird because I think about food ALL THE TIME.
6. I don't enjoy cooking (possibly see #5), I enjoy eating.
7. Besides knowing I will have breakfast sometime before 11amish, there's nothing remotely regular about when I might be able to get a meal in at work.
8. The main way I reward and comfort myself is through food. I also tend towards the fridge when I'm bored. So we;ve got good times-check, bad times-check, in between-check.

So I think we can see possibility for positive change in most of these areas. Clearly there's no way that anything could be better than spending the least amount of $ possible on food #3; and the only thing possibly better than shopping 2x a month would be shopping less than 2x a month #4; but alas I can admit the shadow of a doubt in my ways in this area too.

OH YEAH!
9. I enjoy wine on every level. Besides your basic S's which any sommelier can tell you about, I enjoy just a glass, just a few glasses, just one glass more, just one glass before we get there, just one more before we leave, just one since we're back home, and too frequently just one too many.

No comments:

Post a Comment