Search This Blog

Monday, January 25, 2010

Dear Junkies,
There have been some bumps of my cooking adventure. Lots of them are due to the unavailability of ingredients in my home or a poor understanding of cooking terms.
I suspect today's issue was due to one of my old nemeses, math. There was a point when I was good at math, even enjoyed it a bit. Then I got more into photography and into the part of Math that included words instead of numbers or single letters, and it's just been downhill from there. Four years of art school didn't help with my math skills that much either.
Here what I am getting at. The image to your left is supposed to be of Hearty Lentil SOUP. The result of my efforts was not a soup at all. I blame math and Guttersen. Why make half of my meal for 6 people and half of my meal for 4? She regularly throws in 8 or 12 in there as well. I would wager that if she did a market survey of her following she would find out that it's mostly couples or singles. But it tasted fine.

I also had a new discovery on the cooking front. Roasting cumin smells like the boy's locker room! Almost instantly my kitchen was turned into a locker room at the end of football season (I know I went in there on a dare once). Cumin doesn't smell at all like that if you use it in a pan or oven. Very curious.

Here's today's Menu

1/2c Grape Nuts 1/2c Skim Milk

1 Baby Bel Cheese Wheel

Sonoma Express Wrap-2 oz Pork Chop, 1c spinach, 3 halved Cherry tomatoes, 1 tsp parm (freshly crumbled), 1 tsp Roasted Garlic Balsamic Vinaigrette
1c Quinoa Pilaf

Hearty Lentil Soup(ish)-pretty good
Fish with Zucchini Relish-Ryan really liked the relish, I really liked the fish (tilapia)
Spinach with Roasted Garlic Balsamic Vinaigrette
2 glasses Nobilo Sauvignon Blanc

~The PABJ

No comments:

Post a Comment