Search This Blog

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Hello Junkies!,
To the left you see my favorite pic so far, the food is still cooking, so we will see how that turns out, but it is Sicilian Tuna Steak. I know what you're thinking. Italian food with no pasta OR cheese. Yea that's what I am thinking too. Gutterson! Where's my 20% of the plate of grains? I am very hungry right now, had a late day at work, so having a very late dinner (it's already 8:30p).

The high of yesterday definitely wore off when I stepped on the scale this morning. My first day of weigh gain is upon me. I literally growled when I saw the number-blah for 160.9 lbs. My first thought was that pasta testing and Margarita was catching up with me, it is also possible that my body is preparing me for a moody, uncomfortable week by making me moody about my weight gain. Oh well, at least the period cloud has a silver lining when it's over.

Back from dinner. Very nice. Ryan said it's his favorite so far. I even found myself thinking about the food a little differently. My first bite thought was 'wow that mint is really nice and surprising' I sound like a regular foodie! The next few bites I was really thankful for the mint because I added a little extra chili flakes to suit the fiance. I will not being doing that again, he can get his extra chili on top, I ad to take a break for mouth relaxing from the chili. I was hungry afterward, but I realized this morning that I forgot to eat the side salad.

Speaking of side salad. I object to something being called a side salad if it's just spinach with dressing. That should be called spinach with dressing. My thinking says at least two toppings to be a salad.

Today's Menu Wave 1 Day 9
1/4c egg whites & 1 mushroom chopped

1/2 a whole wheat pita, 4 oz chicken breast, 1 c mixed greens and 1/4c cucumber yogurt

1 cucumber sliced & 1/2c grape tomatoes

Sicilian Tuna Steak

2 cups of tea, mate vana rooibos chai in the morn and white jasmine at night

No comments:

Post a Comment