Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Wave 2 Day 1



Dear Junkies,
As you can tell by my prolificness (which dictionary.com does say is a word) I am off today.

I am currently making the monstrosity you see to the right. It looks disgusting. Yes I could have taken a prettier picture of it, or waited for it to be cooked. But I am an artist, I interpret. What I am interpreting right now is yuk. Guttersen hasn't steered me too wrong so far, so we will see.

Well it was good. I think it's definitely an I'm in the mood for it thing. I froze about half of it. The house smells amazing from it though.

On to dinner. My awesome friend Shauna came over before dinner and we watched some tv then started cooking. It was so much more fun cooking with a friend. The time really flew by AND there was less work. We made quiona pilaf (notice the enticing steam coming off of in in the image. Yea, that's right I went to photo school!) We also had Latin Spiced Pork Tenderloin & Roasted Zucchini. The Roasted Zucchini turned into less of a roast and more of a steam since I only have 1 pan for the oven and the pork was using it. It was all really good and I have enough food left for another full dinner for me, and quiona to use in a couple days when my book tells me to eat it.

I got the quiona from Whole Foods and it was bargainful. Ruthie was right again! I do have to say that Whole Foods is a bit wacky. Everytime I got there random people start talking to me passionately about something. I mostly just like to talk to myself when I grocery shop, so I find this disturbing. On the other hand, maybe they think they can talk to me since I am clearly crazy and talking to myself. I don't know what it is about grocery stores that make me talk under my breath to myself.

So anyways I had a great day off, but you will notice I missed bfast again and didn't eat all of my lunch. I need to get back on getting my metabolism going in the morning and doing what guttersen says. I have been maintaining my weight but not loosing for like 5 days. I know, I know, hard to loose when you are riding the crimson tide, but my wacko eating schedule is not helping I imagine.



Today's Menu
Wave 2 Day 1

Bfast
missed that whoops

Snacks
28 peanuts
1 Laughing Cow Light Mini Cheese Wheel-I prefer the Light to the full fat version
1 very small organic/whole wheat/save the Earth type cookie (sample at whole foods)

Exercise
2 mile job w dogs

Lunch
1 bowl Tangy Black Bean Soup
1/2c strawberries! Oh Strawberried I missed you!

Dinner
Latin Spiced Pork Tenderloin-good, I wish the flavor got more to the middle though.
Quiona Pilaf-Fantabulous, Shauna even thinks her adorable 4 year old might eat it!
Roasted Zucchini-came out great with my stovetop modification, nice and crispy
1 glass of pinot grigio

1 comment:

  1. I laugh out loud every time I read one of your posts! I'm very proud of you for taking on this not-so-easy healthy eating route and I wish you lots of luck.

    p.s. Love the "Yea, that's right I went to photo school!" I can vouch for that!

    ReplyDelete