Search This Blog

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Spicay!

Dear Junkies,
Today was a totally weird eating day. I slept in until and about 10:30 and wasn't hungry at all when I woke up. So no bfast, a weird lunch-ish thing and a super yummy dinner. More on the Menu below.

Szechuan Shrimp was dinner and is pictured to the side. You might notice a lack of shrimp in my image. That's because they were buried under all the mushrooms I hand picked out of Ryan's plate. What a baby!

Good news on the Ryan front I got him to do almost every dish from tonight's dinner. Thus the me picking out all his mushrooms for him as a reward. Dishes have been a sore spot between Ryan and I since we began living together. And even more so as I have been putting so much more time and effort into cooking I feel like he should do the clean up. He feels more like doing the dishes sometimes, but not ever in a time frame that suits me.

I had my first wedding nightmare last night. You know how I feel about using that word, but this was terrible. Basically, it was the wedding day and I had as much done as I do now. I didn't know what dress I was going to wear, seating charts, flowers, cake, all undone. Ugh, at least I woke up. Funny thing, I saw my Mom today and the first thing she said was that she couldn't sleep last night worrying about wedding stuff. So here we go.

The Day's Menu
Wave 1 Day 12

1 celery stick with 1 tbsp left over yogurt cucumber dip

1 tbsp peanut butter on a slice of whole grain bread

1/2 c grape tomatoes & 1 mini wheel Babybel cheese

Szechuan Shrimp-minus the pea pods, I somehow missed those on the list. I used the water instead of Sherry. This was so good. About the top of the heat level I can do, even hot enough to swell Ryan's lips just a bit. It had a nice sweetness to it, I think possibly from the Sesame Oil. Next time I will use more green onions on the top.

~The Pasta Addicted Bread Junkie

No comments:

Post a Comment