Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Here's The New Plan

Fellow Addicts,

Here we will encounter what will probably be our first point of dispute-I am going to do the Sonoma diet.

What's that you say?
That diet is completely wrong for me?
It requires loads of cooking, gobs of trips WEEKLY to grocery stores (yes that's stores plural).
It talks to you in hokey language about celebrating food and wants me to measure my plates?

Yes all of these things are true, but here's the deal-It has the highest recommendation that exists in all the land for me, that's right, my own personal Oprah has had huge success with it AND (as you can imagine this really sealed the deal for me) there's WINE in it. Sure not for the first 10 days, but after the last two weeks I've had I can skip the wine for a bit.

And secondly, what's your better option?
Weight Watchers? Been there done that, have successfully lost 15 lbs, but there's more to do.
Slim Fast? All that deprivation makes me too cranky (another hit against Sonoma I suppose)
Ridiculous amounts of exercise? Tried it, got up to 20 mi/wk this summer, but my knees gave up and I only lost one dress size and no weight.

So here we go. I bought the book last night (don't worry, $7 at the Half Price Bookstore I haven't lost all my scruples) and I am presently off to eat my two scrambled eggs (kinda I like the Real Eggs, it's just easier) and go to multiple grocery stores. So yes, 11:13 is a bit late for breakfast, BUT I'm going places!

Sincerely,
The Pasta Addicted Bread Junkie

PS-Here's my first three day shopping list.
Whole Grain Toast
Egg Whites
1/2 fresh shrimp
Garlic x2
1 lemon
1.5 c spinach leaves +2 c
1.5 c romaine
1 med tomato
.5 cucmber med
1/8 c red onion
1-8 c feta cheese
1 large whole wheat pita rounds
olive oil
red wine vinegar
1 tbsp fresh mint
Dried oregano
Dried Thyme
1 lb chicken breast
10 oz fresh asparagus
6 oz pea pods
1 c canned artichoke hearts
2 c cherry tomatoes
fresh parsley
1/2 green onions
PARCHMENT PAPER?
almonds
peanuts
ground coriander
ground cumin
canola oil
1/4 c cilantro
15 oz can black beans
lime juice
canned chipotle chile pepper
.5 lb beef flank steak
dried rosemary
dried marojam
paprika
8 c broccoli
1 c bottled roasted bell peppers + 1/4c + 2c
2 oz goat cheese
mushrooms
whole wheat flour tortilla
2 boneless pork chops
sliced almonds (toasted)
2 c quinoa
3c reduced sodium chicken broth
1 bay leaf
1 raw bell pepper
1 cucumber
salt
pepper

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I hope I am un-Oprah-like in my weight fluctuations...

    ReplyDelete