Search This Blog

Monday, January 25, 2010

The Honeymoon is Over


Dear Junkies,
I have definitely lost my perky excitement for the lifestyle change. This is probably due to a combination of factors: the natural decline in interest, the severe decline in weight loss, the negative emotions of menstruation, the expense, the drastically cut back social life, the less drinking.
It just seems so hard to socialize without eating and drinking in the mix. Even Ryan feels bored with our eat a nice home cooked dinner and watch Hulu/Movies every night. There's just no excitement. Now obviously Sonoma lets you drink, and it's a healthy amount of drinking, but it's not the same as what I have been doing.
As one of my friends in weight loss put it, "I guess it took awhile to gain all the weight, so it's not going to go away quickly." It sure was a whole hell of a lot more fun gaining it though.
So besides controlled drinking the other thing I am not doing very well is sticking exactly to the diet. For instance I have had grape nuts every morning of Wave 2, instead of mixing it up like the planned menu does. Also I am repeating days to use up the food.

At this point I am going to try to recapture some of my enthusiasm and be more by the book. I won't be exactly by the book because I just can waste that much food. But less freestyling.

I haven't dreamed about eating for quite sometime, that's got to be a good sign.

Here's the DL on yesterday.

1/2c grape nuts 1/2c skim milk

1/2c Serrano Shrimp
1.5c Spinach
1/2c Cherry Tomatoes
1 small Whole Wheat Pita
1/2c Cantaloupe

Herbed Pork Tenderloin-I got a really nice cut this time, it seems hard to find one of these though
Roasted Garlic Spinach Balsamic Salad-HyVee didn't have Escarole and the Produce Guy couldn't recommend anything similar, so I just used all Spinach. I didn't get the benefit of wasting all that time roasting the garlic though. It didn't taste garlic-y enough to me. Anways, the Balsamic was very yummy.
Cantaloupe

2 tbsp peanut butter 3 stalks of celery. Two stalks is certainly not enough to get the right ratio with that much PB, and I am obviously not giving up anything with the word butter in it that I'm allowed to have.

~The PABJ

No comments:

Post a Comment