Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My Food Death

Dear Junkies,

I will always give out my email address to a business I like. Or a business I had a couple glasses of wine at. The result is that about 20% of my emails are food/drink related. Before I got engaged and joined PWG as a vendor about 50% of my emails were food/drink related. This is not easy. It stinks but I just immediately delete my favorite pizza company, Houlihan's (best happy hour), the two places I get tea emails from, Lukas Liquors (triple trouble there wine bar with eats + best liquor selection AND I'm a member of their 'Elite' Wino club), the Ribs place with 'character' that Ruth introduced me to, Natalie McLean's wine updates, incredible offers from the KC area Originals alliance, Wine.com, woot.wine.com, my favorite Italian place and the other pizza place that just opened, lets you bring the dogs, has gelato, GREAT wine and we only got to go to 3 times before my food death. So, reading (deleting) my emails is a total bummer lately.

In some ways it hasn't been a food death. I am trying new things, cooking at unprecedented levels, having good food. But it just feels like there's food that you think about, and go on special shopping trips for and measure out and cook, and there's food that you go out to eat when you are hungry. I have certainly heard the eating out Sonoma style argument. But picking something because it fits your diet (or making special requests to make it fit) is not the same as going out to eat and picking what you want with your health/portion control as a consideration. So over all-death.

Now, Sonoma diet, you have lost me 10 pounds, and I don't want to be ungrateful. But, it's not all fun weigh ins. Some days it feels like poop. It's hard to go out, I feel like I stick out like the lady wearing a yellow suit at Obama's State of the Union address 1. But photo sessions are upon me in just 6 weeks, and I have work to do.

Menu Wave 2
2 eggs sunny side up (over easy, is there a difference?)
1 slice of toast for egg dipping-my menu says to have pb on the toast, but I like to dip better, had PB a little later

1.5 mile run .5 mile walk

Chicken Salad
Spinach
1 Pita

1c strawberries
plain yogurt

tilapia w pepper n salt n olive oil
spinach with roasted garlic balsamic dressing
1c strawberries

~Tah Dah
Pasta Addicted Bread Junkie

PS-tomorrow Mom and I go to two different places to taste cake, and lunch will be out.

1 comment:

  1. You know, I had no idea how much you and Ryan must eat out before I read this!

    The reality is, I think, that you can eat out for pleasure very occasionally (a couple times a week, max), and eat healthfully at home the rest of the time, or you can eat out for necessity (and do all of the "steamed, no oil, etc" stuff, which I personally think isn't worth it) more frequently. I'd rather stick to the diet when I can, and be able to really indulge sans guilt when I go out.

    ReplyDelete