Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Wave 1 Day 1 Eatings

1/2 Real Eggs, scrambled

Greek Salad w Grilled Shrimp -minus radishes & the pita easy on the kalmatas

Chicken en Papillote w Vegetables

11 Almonds

2 tbsp Black Bean Chile -minus the Chipotle Chiles (not on today's menu at all, but I was making it for tomorrow and had to taste, twice)

So I got pretty close to the menu for the day, but it was rough. Here's a rundown

-3 grocery stores visited (Aldi, Wal-Mart, Hen House)
-2.5 hours spent grocery shopping with the nuttos that think we're all going to be snowed in our houses tomorrow
-more money spent on the next three day's food than I usually spend on my half of groceries for two weeks ($140 vs $80)
-1 CutCo injury, minimal blood
-Cried twice (once was the white onions in tomorrow's munch)
-1 temper tantrum
-2 hours cooking
-Enjoyed 4 episodes of Big Bang Theory (thank goodness for laptops)
-Had to eat my words once, I made my own salad dressing, yes it was easy, and good.

So not all bad, unless you're my bank, fiancee or time management skills. Off to make tomorrow's lunch salad. Still having trouble figuring out how this actual cooking 3x a day will work. maybe I should take the next 9 days off to get me through Wave 1

No comments:

Post a Comment