Search This Blog

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Celebration


Dear Junkies,
So last night I celebrated my end of Wave 1 (although I still have food for two wave 1 dinners, so I might extend it a bit more), my new jobness and my weight loss to date. I fit into a shirt I bought last year, but have never been able to fit in it. It was one of those 'I'm going to loose some weight soon' purchases. The picture is of said shirt of me feeling amazing!

So, for the celebration, we went out to eat with some friends and I picked a restaurant where I knew it would be easy peasy to stick to wave 1. But I forgot about the fresh, warm bread they serve with delicious, soft, butter. Oh friends it was terrible. They brought our drinks, then set down the temptation. I looked at it. The draft in the room was just right and I could smell the butter. I could smell butter! Ryan realized I was staring at the bread Adan moved it away from me. But it was too late. There was one itty bitty piece of the loaf, like literally the diameter of tablespoon and the thickness of a Hallmark envelope with card inside. So I had that piece with butter on it. I made it last almost till the salads came, several bites of heaven.
After that it was pretty easy going. I had the house salad, just avoided the carrots and had oil and balsamic on the side, and only ate about half. Then someone had a piece of bread, but it wasn't cut all the way through and there was a little bit left at the bottom after they got their piece, so I had that piece too. Then Ryan took the bread away. Luckily he and I were sitting diagonal from each other so I really couldn't reach it.
I had an 8 oz top sirloin with steamed vegetables. the steak was delicious, I really love this restaurant because they know medium rare means that no part of the steak (besides outside) should be brown, just pink and red for this girl! The veggies were good, fresh and cooked to proper tender crispness, but I have to say they lacked the seasoning that Sonoma has.
I even made my glass of wine last about 1/3 of the way through the main course. I in no way intend to lead you to believe that I only had one glass of wine. I had 2 at home before we left (over the course of two hours), and three at the restaurant. It was a celebration! But I did really stretch out that one glass!
So after all of that we went home to celebrate some more and at some point the boys ordered cheese sticks and pizza from my favorite place. Luckily, again, I was asleep by this point, the delivery didn't even wake me up.

So today's menu

Wave 1 Day 12

1/2c Egg Whites

Spinach & Lentil Salad-I'm not a huge fan of this, edible for sure

1/2 c grape tomatoes
1/2 cuke sliced

1 Laughing Cow Mini Babybel Cheese round

Salad w oil n vinegar
8 ox top sirloin steak
steamed veggies
3 tablespoons of bread

5 glasses of wine!

So I had a great time, stayed on the plan pretty much food wise, and could have drank more but didn't! And since it is now tomorrow I can tell you that I am holding steady weight wise!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, it's a holiday weekend, you've achieved so much in the past couple of weeks-- I'm proud of you for splurging in moderation!

    ReplyDelete