Search This Blog

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Roller Coaster

Last night I had my dream where I am either a bar or local shipping wench in early 1800s London. We are docked in the dream, so all my time is spent in taverns, but I keep going back to a ship. As you can imagine there's a lot of alcohol in that dream, but good news, no food!

Yesterday's satiety level quickly deteriorated after I left you last night. I went from happy and satisfied to a hungry, angry bear in about 10 minutes. Watching TV didn't help, apparently Arby's, Olive Garden and Apple bee's bought all the spots on all my channels for last night. I suppose that's what you do if you are a restaurant executive getting ready for diet season.

After an hour of complaining I was hungry at every commercial, my fiancee telling me to drink a glass of water, drinking said water, and peeing every 20 minutes, I finally got over it by going to the park with the dogs and having a tablespoon of black bean dip.

So it's almost bedtime and I can safely say today went much better. I pushed lunch back a bit farther and ate it waaaay slower (reading during eating helped me slow down a lot), and saved my snack for after dinner, but ended up not wanting it and just put it in tomorrow's lunch pail.

As you might have noticed I was more than a little stressed about the financial aspect of this endeavor. Today I grocery shopped for the next 4 days and only spent $32, so I am feeling much much better.

Cooking dinner tonight was not too stressful, which is pretty impressive since I was doing 3 different dishes all with varied cook times and more than one step (IE dump pasta in water). I made the full servings of everything so dinner for tomorrow is cooked AND Ryan gets Barley pilaf and grilled chicken for lunch tomorrow! The Barley was really amazing for satisfying my pasta/grain craving.

So tomorrow I am starting some intentional deviations, mostly because all of the recipes are for groups of at least 4, and we are just two here. I'm a little hesitant, I'd feel totally ok if I was replicating a complete day. A couple days I am completely replicating, but tomorrow for instance I am doing day 2 bfast and lunch with day 3 dinner & day 4 snack. But I think it will be ok. Plus with my changes I will actually end up doing 12 days of Wave 1.

Today's Menu
Mushroom Omlette-I was a little too sleepy when I made this and read to use a tbsp instead of a tsp of oil to cook the mushrooms in. At any rate, It was so much food I almost couldn't finish it, luckily by 10 am appointment didn't show up, so I had time to digest.
Steak and Blue Cheese Wrap-AMAZING
Pork Chops-good, I over cooked, the oven temp gauge sucks
Barley Pilaf-GREAT, didn't realize at first it was a recipe for 12 servings not 4, but caught it in time
Broccoli and Red Pepper-My favorite cooked veggie side so far, if only it came with goat cheese

I ended the food portion of today by getting tomorrows lunch packed and starting to make the cheese for a dinner that is TWO NIGHTS away. There's some pretty crazy stuff there. Tomorrow I will post a picture of my cheese making device, since I didn't have any of the stuff the book said to use.

Finally, I have lost 3 lbs as of this morning, evenly split over the two days of the diet. I of course only weigh myself immediately after peeing in the morning, and only completely naked, so I don't have more up to date numbers for you, but I will leave you with that mental picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment