Search This Blog

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Double Days

Dear Junkies,
I had the same thing two days in a row so, I figured I would just blog once. This is my favorite meal so far, by a lot.

On Friday I made the beautiful creation you see to the side. It's Serrano Shrimp and Southwestern Grain Medley. It is so delicious! I think I undercooked the rice. I made it in the microwave because I didn't properly read the rice cooking instructions, and to be honest, I usually mess up rice anyways. Unless Uncle Ben puts it in a boil bag for me I tend to always have crunchy rice. So this rice was crunchy, but I really liked the textural difference in there. Ryan even liked the dish and ate it with the beans!

Friday was a nice day and I took the doggies on a run, then had an oh-so boring training class with work and was home in time to eat at a much more usual hour than usual. Saturday was crazy busy at work and I regret not bringing a snack in addition to my food because I was starving by the time I left around 5:30m. Anways here's my days.

Wave 2

Friday
1/2c grape nuts 1/2c milk (I was eating 1c of each, but that just seemed like way to much food, so I experimented today with cutting back and it was just fine)

Sonoma Salad with Tomato and Feta-I used goat cheese instead because that's what I had. the tomatoes in this were so sweet and delicious, just like the bag said! Hooray for truth in advertising
1/8 of a cantaloupe (I think I ate more than I should of about 1c instead of 1/2c)
1 small whole wheat pita

Serrano Shrimp-oh so very delicious, but I really need to purchase gloves for cutting these with, my fingers are still a little stingy when I touch my eyes.
Southwestern Grain Medley-this might be better than pasta
side spinach salad
1/8 a cantaloupe

1c baby carrots & laughing cow wedge-this cheese is much better with something vs alone like in Wave 1

1.5 mile run .5 mile walk

handful of peanuts (not on the plan)

Saturday
The same thing, minus the overlarge portions of cantaloupe and the peanuts and exercise. Plus White table wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment